Friday, May 30, 2014

2013/2014 ARC Salon Finalist: "Daniel Jabari"

I'm really happy to say that my painting "Daniel Jabari" has received a Finalist award in the 2013/2014 Art Renewal Center's Salon International contest.  There are a lot of wonderful representational works in this year's contest and I'm honored to be in the company of so many gifted, talented artists.

"Daniel Jabari", oil on panel, 24" x 24"

Yes, I know I've posted this painting on my blog a few times this year already but I hope you'll forgive me for putting it up here again.

Meanwhile, I'm working very hard, trying to complete three or four paintings at the same time. (Which is not what I usually do. I don't know what's gotten into me.) Work goes v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y toward the end of a painting. And I always seem to have urgent, fugitive, transitory subjects entering my jurisdiction which demand to be painted from life, so I work those into my day also. My paintings are as much a record of my existence as they are anything else, a kind of nonverbal public diary, or at least that's how I think of them.

And thirdly, I've been tidying up my studio and rediscovered a trainload of art supplies that I haven't played with in years. More fun than a candy store!

A complete list of the current Art Renewal Center winners can be found at the ARC website.


No comments: